Crustaceans! Crustaceans are the largest group of marine arthropods. In this lesson, you will learn a list of names of crustaceans in English with pictures and example sentences.
Crustaceans are an extremely diverse group including animals such as crabs, lobsters, isopods, shrimp, and barnacles. Like all arthropods, they have a segmented body and segmented limbs and a thick chitinous cuticle called an exoskeleton.
List of Crustaceans
- Hermit Crab
- Mantis Shrimp
- Rock Lobster
- Slipper Lobster
- Land Crab
Examples of Crustaceans
- This will be difficult to carry out on barnacles, but comparatively easy for mussels, limpets, or other snails.
- Mix all ingredients together, except crab meat and Cheddar cheese, until smooth.
- I am having a blast, as I crunch on crab cakes with jicama slaw and lemon-chive aioli.
- Many invertebrates, such as crayfish, can not survive without a certain level of calcium and are completely absent.
- The icebox was packed with beer and he’d prepared a lobster salad that he’d left on the ice.
- Fish is something of a specialty with restaurants offering everything from grilled swordfish and lobster to baby eels in garlic butter.
- At present, the main products are Frozen krill, shrimp meal, shrimp sauce, and so on.
- Sometimes you can find a Zebra flatworm sharing the snail shell with the hermit crab.
- Its abdomen is soft, so a hermit crab uses the empty shell of a sea snail to protect itself.
- Specialties include deep-fried shredded beef, duck, prawn dishes, and hand-made noodles.
- If he sees a worm or even a woodlouse, everything stops for the rescue.
- In Japanese cuisine, the mantis shrimp is eaten boiled as sashimi and as a sushi topping and is called shako.
- Chicken or scampi in a basket, with a garnish of tomato and lettuce, are acceptable runners-up.
- Currently, a total of 152 individuals and companies hold fishing rights for hake, monkfish, horse mackerel, large pelagics, crab, and rock lobster.
- Lobsters, crabs, prawns, and oysters are all shellfish.