Amphibians – In this post, we’ll explore the amphibian class. Below is the list of common names of amphibians with examples and pictures.
They are a diverse and exciting class of animals that include frogs, toads, salamanders, newts, and caecilians.
- Tree frog
- Wood frog
- Poison frog
- Mole salamander
Examples of Amphibians
- The handsome prince was changed into a frog.
- Tadpole shrimp live in seasonal, freshwater ponds.
- When the toad is attacked, this chemical weapon oozes out as a thick, creamy liquid.
- The axolotl, a neotenic species of salamander, a salamander that does not go through metamorphosis.
- The newt was still squirming in the tall glass of water.
- A rare tree frog, mudfish, and lizards are among the thousands of species threatened by extinction.
- A small bullfrog that doesn’t watch its step can easily become food for a bigger frog.
- The yellow-banded poison frog is usually found in humid areas. Indigenous South Americans sometimes coat arrows with the frog poison when hunting.
- European salamander having dark skin with usually yellow spots.
- A green frog sits atop a large lily pad in the waters of the Atchafalaya Delta.
- When the temperature drops, the wood frog can turn itself into a frozen block.
- Much like the green tree frog, this animal too was chosen by students.