Tundra animals! What animals live in the tundra? Below is the list of common names of animals you will find in the tundra with example sentences and ESL infographic.
Tundra biomes have the harshest climates in the world. Animals found in the tundra include snowy owls, polar bears, caribou, Arctic foxes, Arctic hares, etc.
Common Names of Tundra Animals
- Arctic Fox
- Weddell Seal
- Himalayan Tahr
- Arctic Hare
- Musk Ox
- Polar Bear
- Red Fox
- Rock Ptarmigan
- Snowy Owl
- Mountain Goat
- Bald Eagle
- Antarctic Penguin
- Snow Leopard
- Beluga Whale
- Antarctic Prion
- Snow Petrel
- Cape Petrel
- Yellow-eyed Penguin
- Harbor Seal
- Tundra Swan
- Arctic Tern
- Arctic Wolf
- Arctic Dog
Examples of Tundra Animals
- The whiteness of the arctic fox acts as camouflage, hiding it from its enemies.
- The arctic hare can run very fast. In winter, they can hide in the tunnels and it is warm there.
- Some of these caribou have in recent years suffered greatly, at human hands.
- Unlike true goats, mountain sheep, and musk ox, mountain goats rarely direct their blows to their rivals’ heads.
- This Arctic fox has been following a polar bear for days in hopes of leftovers from a kill.
- Loss of beachfront habitat and predation by domestic cats and introduced red foxes pushed the least tern to the brink of extinction.
- He came upon a valley where rock ptarmigan rose on whirring wings from the ledges and muskegs.
- In contrast to the barn owl, the snowy owl is represented by only a single pellet sample.
- The most serious enemy of the mountain goat is snow or more precisely avalanches.
- Its carcass is eaten by a bald eagle, whose gut becomes lined with oil.
- The chinchilla was at me while she was looking at it. Cute, isn’t it?
- Because unlike the marmots, the rats had no resistance to the disease that the fleas carried.
- So many wild animals live inside the deep mountain, like a bear, snow leopard, lynx, and fox.
- The stock consists of the polar bear, arctic wolf, arctic fox, lemming, musk ox, and reindeer.
- Instead, a rabbit and a stoat are cleverly using an underground network of drains to make it to the other side.
- When the inebriated elk was freed, it lay for a while on the ground, seemingly unconscious.
- Earless species include the elephant seal, harbor seal, harp seal, and leopard seal.
- They still hunt whales, walrus, caribou, seal, polar bears, muskoxen, birds, and at times other less commonly eaten animals such as the Arctic Fox.
- The puffin is an unusual sea bird, and there is something almost comical about the way it moves and looks.
- It is quite wild around they had a moose that came out one summer up there.
- I suppress an evil wish that an orca will be drawn in by this moving lunchbox of an animal.
- This range includes all dolphins, porpoises, narwhals, and killer whales.
Tundra Animals Infographic
Names of Tundra Animals with Picture