Lion anatomy! What are the body parts of a lion?
Lions are the second largest big cat species in the world. Most lions found in the wild live in the southern and eastern parts of Africa. Lions are very social compared to other cat species, often living in pride that feature females, offspring, and a few adult males.
Parts of A Lion
- Hind leg
Examples of Lion Anatomy
- The lion tossed his mane.
- Choose a wife rather by your ear than your eye. (Thomas Fuller)
- He that has a great nose thinks everybody is speaking of it.
- The old dog had a grizzled muzzle.
- Keep your mouth shut and your eyes open.
- Better be the head of a dog than the tail of a lion.
- The Plot Once upon a time a mouse ran across the paw of a sleeping lion.
- A goose quill is more dangerous than a lion’s claw.
- The steps are counted as foreleg moves back.
- The hind legs have to mark time while the forelegs cross over, making the outer ring of a wheel.
Lion Anatomy Infographic