Rainforest animals! Rainforests are home to an incredibly diverse range of animals and plants. In this post, we provide a useful list of animals that live in the rainforest that we should protect.
Rainforests get a lot of rain – at least 200cm every year, and sometimes a lot more than that!
More than half of the world’s animals live in the rainforest. And many of the plants and animals in the rainforest haven’t even been discovered yet!
List of Rainforest Animals
Here is a useful list of rainforest animals in English.
- Red-eyed Tree Frog
- Black Panther
- Flying Dragon
- Zodiac Moth
- Bengal Tiger
- Spider Monkey
- Electric Eel
- Poison-dart Frog
- Emerald Tree Boa
- Frilled Lizard
- Dawn Bat
- Komodo Dragon
- Vampire Bat
- Pink Dolphin
- Woolly Monkey
- Big Barn Owl
Examples of Rainforest Animals
- From the comfort of the water, we saw toucans, monkeys, parrots, and all kinds of fish.
- The okapi is a short-necked primitive cousin of the giraffe.
- The shape of a tapir makes it possible for it to push its way through the thick undergrowth at considerable speed.
- Leaning across his desk, she revealed a black panther tattoo on her breast.
- The flying dragon of Southeast Asia is a small lizard that can glide between trees using wing-like folds of skin.
- Love is like a butterfly. It goes where it pleases and it pleases where it goes.
- Because of their small, newborn stature, many Anaconda babies are prey for other animals.
- Cassowary, the most dangerous bird in the world, with a dagger-like claw, it wouldn’t feel too good to have it kicks you in the stomach.
- A mother Bengal tiger and her cub rest in the tall grass of a meadow.
- Should you meet a jaguar in the jungle, just turn slowly, walk away. But slowly, never look back.
- Hargreaves was a bit like a large rodent, a capybara, or coypu.
- That’s a monkey. The sign says that this is a spider monkey.
- The dominant male gorilla is the largest in the group.
- A lemur is a monkey-like animal with a long tail and large eyes.
- The shock from an electric eel is powerful enough to knock a man out.
- This mammal is also known as a spiny anteater and represents Australia’s land.
- A rare macaw is a very special bird. In fact, Blu is the last male of his kind.
- In one area of the rainforest, he watched as an orangutan moved through the trees.
- Are you out of your mind? You can’t keep a chimpanzee as a pet!
- Red wolves primarily prey on white-tailed deer, raccoons, rabbits, nutria, and other rodents.
- The sloth spends most of its time hanging upside down from the branches.
- This iguana is one of the few lizards found in that cold climate.
- The average manatee is about three meters long and weighs about 1,000 pounds.
- Northern Australia is a hotbed of exotic animals, including the frilled lizard.
- You puny pathetic thing! I’ll step on you like an ant!
- Suddenly I saw a young male ruby-throated hummingbird in what had been a patch of flowering tobacco.
- The real-life monster makes its move. We call this animal the Komodo dragon.
- The kind of vampire I’m talking about is Desmodus rotundus, commonly known as the “vampire bat.”
- The peccary that was most commonly traded is a species in decline and the woolly monkey is threatened with extinction.
- A cockatoo purchased for breeding should have a complete set of claws.
Rainforest Animals Infographic
Rainforest Animals with Picture