Bee anatomy! Like all insects, the honeybee has three main parts: head, thorax, and abdomen. Reading this post to learn about parts of a bee with example sentences and picture.
Bees are amazingly efficient honey-producing insects. All bees are made up of three distinct parts, the head, thorax, and abdomen.
Parts of A Bee
- Compound Eye
- Hind Leg
- Middle Leg
Examples of Bee Anatomy
- Speak with contempt of none, from slave to king, the meanest bee, and will use, a sting.
- First, insects have compound eyes consisting of up to several thousand optical units called ommatidia, each with a single lens.
- A queen bee uses her stinger only to sting another queen bee.
- The bee stung her leg.
- She trailed around the room picking up beer bottles, looking oddly like a bee with broken wings.
- Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hand can’t hit, what the eye can’t see. (Muhammad Ali)