Oviparity! What are oviparous animals? Oviparous animals are animals that lay eggs. Most birds, fish, reptiles and amphibians are oviparous. Here, we list some of the animals that lay eggs with pictures and example sentences.
Oviparous animals are creatures that are capable of laying eggs in regards to reproduction. Oviparous animals include birds, fish, reptiles, and amphibians.
There are only two mammals that are oviparous (monotreme); the platypus and four species of echidnas. Some oviparous animals are ovoviviparous meaning they incubate the eggs within the body instead of a nest; they include snakes and sharks.
List of Oviparity
Some of the animals that lay eggs include:
Examples of Oviparity
- A raven had landed on the fish and was pecking out its eye.
- He keeps a parrot in a birdcage in his living room.
- The bird flapped its wings and flew away.
- The eagle is the animal most sacred to the Native Americans.
- Swan flew straight towards the lake.
- The old duck quacked and quacked so I hardly slept a wink last night.
- He walked with an awkward gait like a penguin.
- The owl seems to have deserted its nest.
- The ostrich is a bird that no longer has the power of flight.
- Are you going to roast the chicken?
- The fish we caught is still alive.
- The frog plopped back into the pond.
- He’s terrified of being bitten by a snake.
- The turtle excavates a hole in the sand and then lays its eggs in it.
- The lizard darted out its tongue at the insect.
- The crocodile killed its prey by keeping it under and drowning it.
- The female platypus, like other mammals, feeds her babies with milk from her body.
- An octopus that is constantly changing color is a healthy one.
- A shark can smell blood at a distance of half a kilometer.
- A seahorse can eat up to 3000 brine fish a single day.
- This is the flamingo. It is a big beautiful bird.
- The peacock fanned out its tail.
- It’s traditional to eat turkey at Thanksgiving.
- The echidna lays eggs like a duck but suckles its young in a pouch like a kangaroo.
- Have you ever seen a giant salamander?
- The newt was still squirming in the tall glass of water.
- The snail retreated into its shell.
- The dragonfly feeds on mosquitoes and flies.
- A wasp had flown in through the window.
- The butterfly alighted on a flower.