Animals that Start with H! Do you need animals starting with H in English? With this helpful lesson, you will find animals that start with H with examples and ESL infographic.
Animals that Start with H
Animals Starting with H List
Here is a list of animals whose names begin with the letter H.
- Hamerkop Bird
- Hammerhead Shark
- Harbor Seal
- Harp Seal
- Harpy Eagle
- Harrier Hawk
- Hazel Dormouse
- Hercules Beetle
- Hermit Crab
- Herring Gull
- Highland Cattle
- Hissing Cockroach
- Honey Badger
- Honey Bee
- Hoopoe Bird
- Horn Shark
- Horned Puffin
- Horseshoe Crab
- Howler Monkey
- Humboldt Penguin
- Humpback Whale
- Humphead Wrasse
Examples of Animals that Start with H
- Fish such as cod, flounder, and haddock are caught in this way.
- They include the hammerhead shark, whose fins are highly prized in China for soup, with a bowlful selling for as much as $100.
- You’re like a little hamster trying to be a tiger.
- Earless species include the elephant seal, harbor seal, harp seal, and leopard seal.
- We saw a hare jumping into our garden and ran it off.
- A baby harp seal rests on the Arctic ice.
- The powerful harpy eagle—which has razor-sharp, five-inch talons—is the world’s largest bird of prey.
- The hawk swooped and soared away carrying something.
- He saw the old hedgehog rolling around among the windfalls early in the morning.
- A hermit crab carrying a sea anemone around on its shell.
- The heron flapped slowly off across the lake.
- There was a seal there in some water, a great herring gull with a damaged foot, and other creatures.
- The children enjoyed watching the hippopotamus wallowing in the mud.
- Honeybees use one of the most sophisticated communication systems of any insect.
- The eye of a southern ground – hornbill. The bird has remarkably long, wiry eyelashes.
- If you are really angry, you might say you are mad as a hornet.
- The horse made a winning start for his new trainer.
- The horseshoe crab is preserved on a flat-bedded limestone.
- The highly vocal howler monkey is the largest of the New World monkeys.
- He was standing over by the windows watching a hummingbird in the shrimp plant.
- Humpback whales come to the California coast to feed each summer.
- One of the most interesting fish is the Napoleon or Humphead wrasse, named for the unusual lump on its forehead.
Names of Animals Starting with H | Infographic
Common Names of Animals that Start with H