Table of Contents
Marsupials are mammals that give birth to underdeveloped embryos, which then climb from the birth canal into a pouch on the front of the mother’s body. Once inside, the infant, sometimes called a joey, feeds and continues to grow by attaching itself to a nipple. While most marsupials are native to Australia and the surrounding islands, some are found in the Americas.
Names of Marsupial Animals
- Tasmanian Devil
- Marsupial Mole
- Sugar Glider
- Kangaroo Rat
- Tree Kangaroo
Examples of Marsupial Animals
- Opossum populations in the U.S. are down due to the fragmentation of their forest habitats.
- He can run like a gazelle and jump like a kangaroo.
- Alongside the koala, kangaroos are probably the most well-known of all the animals of Australia.
- Shelob’s shriek is actually the sound of a Tasmanian devil.
- The Australian wallaby resembles a hare and has persistent teeth.
- Rusty the Nimble Numbat is discovered by a pair of geologists.
- The primadonna wombat was suffering from depression brought on by a lack of cuddles.
- A young swift fox makes a dash for its den, a kangaroo rat clenched tightly in its teeth.
- If this fails to deter the enemy, the possum promptly drops dead.
- They indicated, the expedition amazedly found a rare tree kangaroo, which didn’t have to be extinct, and a new type of honeyeater bird.