Zoo animals! There are many animals that live in the zoo. Below is a useful list of names zoo animals in English. For each animal, look at the picture and read the example sentences.
List of Zoo Animals
This is a vocabulary worksheet on zoo animals for beginners.
Examples of Zoo Animals
- He leads the reader into assuming that the tribunal is anything other than a kangaroo court.
- The monkey was up the tree, flinging nuts to the ground.
- The tiger was finally captured two miles outside the village.
- The panda is a shy creature, not used to being in contact with other animals, particularly humans.
- Alligator lives in the rivers and lakes in the hot wet parts of America and China.
- The Alaskan brown bear is a close cousin of the grizzly bear.
- The lion ripped into the body of the animal that it had captured.
- A zebra finch will not sing unless there is sufficient testosterone in its blood.
- Measures have been taken to protect the world’s depleted elephant population.
- Once I saw a giraffe in a flatcar eating the leaves of a tree off the tracks.
- We have already seen in vitro fertilization of both a panda and a gorilla.
- He kept tiger and cheetah cubs as house pets and was famous for slaughtering ducks.
- A turtle eating the insect that eats the leaf makes a chain of two.
- He was back on Monday, with a graze on one cheek and perky as a parrot.
- The analysis also suggests the pink iguana is one of the earliest examples of species diversification on the islands.
- I’m a sloth. I see a leaf. That’s my tracking.
- She was bitten by a snake while walking through long grass.
- This is the flamingo. It is a big beautiful bird. They are very noisy.
- Walrus populations were in serious decline during centuries of wholesale slaughter for their blubber and tusks.
- The barbel fish eagerly dives in here, especially when the hippo was in dung production mode.
- For years, he said, merely crossing his legs had made him feel like a penguin.
- You laughed like a hyena in that beautiful polka dot dress of yours.
- We padded the seat of the chair with camel hair to make it soft.
- Look! There’s a koala bear over there.
Zoo Animals Infographic