Shellfish! Shellfish are a high-quality protein source for people. However, many people probably don’t know the common names of them. This article lists different types of shellfish all over the world. This useful list will help you expand your English Vocabulary.
Shellfish is an aquatic animal having a shell, as the oyster and other mollusks and the lobster, and other crustaceans.
Shellfish include various species:
- crustaceans, like shrimp, crab, or lobster
- mollusks, like clams, mussels, oysters, scallops, octopus, or squid
- echinoderms (not as frequently harvested for food), like sea urchins
Types of Shellfish
- Mantis Shrimp
- Horn Snail
- Horse Conch
- Knobbed Whelk
- Sea Urchin
Examples of Shellfish
- Sometimes that involves merely adding grilled chicken or shrimp to the salad.
- The men ate lobster in the restaurant there, all at the same table that night.
- There is also a good wine list and local delicacies such as crab, scampi and sole are often on the menu.
- Dinner, scallop, and oyster unlimited supply, lunch, and limited supply.
- It contains egg yolk, dried scallop, mushroom, water chestnut, and meat.
- You can also try the beef heart, mussel, chicken, liver prawn, and the like.
- The moment I said I was a police officer, everyone would close up like a clam.
- The hallow tomato stuffed with mango paste, cuttlefish, shrimp, crabmeat, octopus, and fish slices.
- The invertebrates include quite large creatures, such as freshwater shrimps and crayfish.
- Their prawn cocktails arrived, together with a carafe of hearty red wine.
- He is slower than a snail and uses a walking stick.
- The sperm whale, therefore, has to look for the squid using sound waves.
- The oyster covers the piece of shell with a pearly substance known as nacre.
- Rag, lugworm, whites, peeler crabs, whelks, shrimps, cockles, and even odd razor-fish can be collected.
- I’ve got a special recipe to cook cuttlefish; I’ll teach you later.
- Mantis shrimp appear in a variety of colors, from shades of browns to bright neon colors.
- The small shallow boat is called a cockle. It is very delicious.
- The particular larva around which a mussel pearl forms lives in its adult stage in the eider duck.
- Prise open the shell to sea urchins, sea urchin roe is delicious.