Animal sounds! In this lesson, we provide a list of animals with their sound. This interesting list will interest and inspire you.
Animal sounds are a form of onomatopoeia, which are words that imitate sounds.
Animal Sounds List
Animals – Animal sounds
- Fish – Splosh
- Cat – Meow
- Turkey – Gobble
- Bat – Screech
- Dolphin – Click
- Goose – Cackle
- Monkey – Whoop
- Hippo – Growl
- Snake – Hiss
- Donkey – Bray
- Crow – Caw
- Elephant – Trumpet
- Lamb – Bleat
- Bird – Whistle
- Chick – Cheep
- Bull – Bellow
- Mosquito – Whine
- Tiger – Growl
- Duck – Quack
- Camel – Grunt
- Hen – Cluck
- Lion – Roar
- Wolf – Howl
- Horse – Neigh
- Cricket – Chirp
- Bear – Growl
- Dove – Coo
- Sheep – Baaah
- Cow – Moo
- Mouse – Squeak
- Dog – Woof
- Kangaroo – Chortle
- Fox – Yelp
- Bee – Buzz
- Rabbit – Squeak
- Chimpanzee – Scream
- Owl – Hoot
- Frog – Croak
- Pig – Oink
- Goat – Bleat
Animal Sounds with Examples
- Look at the cat. Meow! Meow! Meow!
- They “gobble“, and Gore’s gobbling soon turnssintos “garble”.
- House cats employ a vocal repertoire that extends from a purr to a screech.
- No, no. It was a whoop, whoop, whoop! – How about this: Whoosh! – Yikes! Who said that?
- The dog eyed me suspiciously and gave a low growl.
- Then hiss! – surge! – vroom! – it headed straight for us like a thousand-miles-an-hour nightmare!
- I want you to wash these dishes until they’re as clean as a whistle.
- “Quack!” came the cry of a startled water bird.
- Nor, it must be said, a hoot, chuckle, chortle, crow or cackle.
- Venomous snakes spit and hiss when they are cornered.
- The bray of the donkey absorbed us.
- The crows caw when the moon goes down.
- The poor goat would bleat in pain until it died.
- So, did he make you cluck like a chicken?
- The lion let out a great roar.
- I heard a horse stamp and neigh and I felt the tremor through the walls of my room.
- You couldn’t see a thread of green or hear a single chirp of insect or bird.
- You’re a cow, moo, moo, moo.
- “Woof! Woof!” he barked.
- The dog gives a yelp when I tread on its paw.
- We heard the distant hoot of an owl in the woods.
- Frogs began to croak with the rainfall.
- “Oink, oink” cry his little pigs.
Animal Sounds Infographic