Insects! Below is an English vocabulary lesson in which you will learn about different bugs and insects. This helpful vocabulary word list will help you improve and expand your English vocabulary.
Table of Contents
Insects are arthropods with well-defined heads, thoraxes, and abdomen, three pairs of legs, antennae, and one or two pairs of wings.
List of Insects
Here is the list of insects found in the world.
- Bat bug
- Coreid bug
- Green lacewing
- Ground beetle
- Lace bug
- Ladybug (U.S)/ Ladybird (U.K)
- Leaf beetle
- Leaf insect
- Plant bug
- Scarab beetle
- Stag beetle
- Stink bug
- Sucking louse
- Syrphid fly
- Toad bug
- Tree cricket
- Water scorpion
- Water strider
Insects with Example Sentences
- The ant is the most industrious animal; however, it is the most taciturn one.
- The aphid eats green grass, the false eats soul.
- Backswimmer hunts larva. Now he’s caught it.
- I lay in bed and permitted the bedbugs to bite me.
- She is as busy as a bee in the morning.
- The bird seized an unusually big beetle and bore it off to its nest.
- I’ve definitely been bitten by the gardening bug.
- The bumblebees are still foraging from the chokecherry blossoms in the gloom.
- The caterpillar was transformed into a butterfly.
- I heard the cock to the centipede and even went into hiding.
- The cicada has to slough off its skin before it can fly.
- There’s a big cockroach on your desk light.
- The only sound was a cricket chirping.
- A magnificent dragonfly with its iridescent wings settled on her shoulder.
- When I was nine I tried, unsuccessfully, to stop some boys drowning an earwig.
- She’s like a butterfly. She flits in and out of people’s lives.
- I’ll put a flea in his ear if he bothers me once more.
- The mantis and grasshopper are small animals in the field.
The greenfly, another live-bearer, has evolved a way of overcoming even this limitation.
A female ladybug will lay more than 1000 eggs in her lifetime.
- I first saw it in the locust on the dry ridges, about twenty years ago.
- Iden stretches for small fish on the pole and maggot in the deeper water by the lock.
- A mosquito had bitten her and her arm had swollen up.
- As Bishop underlines, the dark moth is not a new species.
All the Insects in the World
Pictures of Insects and Bugs